Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Beginning a New Project


In the beginning of developing this new project I pulled some photos and made sketches using my computer. I used to work with tracing paper and re-drew with overlays to decide on my composition. Now I do the same with my Mac. It allows me to try many things with out using so many materials and saves me time re-drawing over and over. 

Once I have the final sketch done, which may be changed and altered once I begin working on the final piece, I start sketching onto the board. I don't grid or project it onto the board. Every one plays this part of the process their own way. There is no right or wrong, just different. I really enjoy the challenge of drawing freehand and have practiced doing it that way my whole life. Yes, it takes longer and allows me to enjoy this part of the process a little longer. 




1 comment:

  1. I love the way you work and also try to freehand my final drawing onto the canvas. It seems easier to me to work it without the grid lines. Thanks for sharing😊

    ReplyDelete