Friday, March 3, 2023

Oscar the Pig

 

This is my first time drawing a pig. When someone asks me, do you draw horses or goats or what ever animal or thing, my answer is yes. I can draw as well as I can see and transfer that onto a surface. For me there are two methods for getting an image onto a format. One way is to study the form being painted or drawn. Learning how their moving body or form is measured and works gives me some background to refer to when the image is unclear. The other way to paint or draw an image is to see it and transfer what is seen. This method works if I have good references that can be combined to make the image I am trying to create. Both methods are necessary for me because of the abstracted way a three dimensional thing is portrayed on a flat surface. Practicing both methods and how to use my materials makes what ever I am drawing better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment