Sunday, April 10, 2022

Styles

 I was talking to someone the other day and she was asking about all the different styles of art that I have in my instagram account. She wondered how I could do so many different kinds of art styles. All artists that create in the different art forms can become stuck in a certain style or subject because it has been successful. The work becomes a product with out the passion and growth that experimenting and challenging offer. 

Each piece is a challenge for me even when I am doing the same subject such as the pet portraits that I have been doing now for a couple of years. The pets are unique and so I never quite know how I will begin them or the color choices I will make, and the fact that the photos are given to me to use, allows the person requesting the portrait to become a collaborator with me. Together with the pet, the owner, and myself, a portrait is done. 




The other pieces I like to do are the ones that take me somewhere I had no idea I was moving towards. I learn and grow as well with those projects. A lot of how I am feeling and thinking about things directs me into these other directions. Sometime they work out and I can go from there and sometimes they fail and I learn something about how that happened. Either way it is movement for me and an new awareness about myself as well .


   



 


No comments:

Post a Comment